- LCL is a cheaper way to export your less number of goods while in FCL you pay for a full container load.
- LCL takes more time to deliver your consignments because there is a shared container which means loading and unloading of other consignments which takes time while FCL takes less time.
- LCL is more costly as compared to the Full Container Load (FCL) because it’s costs depend upon per CBM or the volume of your goods.
CBM Shipping LCL
Cubic meter is the volume of freight for shipment and it can be calculated by multiplying the height, width as well as the length of cargo that you want to export. For example, you can calculate the volume of your goods as following;
Width x Height x Length = Total CBM
In case you have any confusion or query related to the CBM Shipping LCL, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You are always welcome.
Pro Tip for Importer:
One Important thing to be aware of is that if you are on the importer side then you must check and calculate the THC and CFS costs. So must discuss it with your exporter before ordering.
Average Time Estimations For LCL:
LCL takes more time as compared to Air Freight and FCL. Because there is consolidation and de-consolidation of goods so it takes time. Average time estimation mainly depends upon your destination country where you want to export your goods.
Downsides of LCL
- LCL shipments take much time to deliver your goods because other container-sharing customers may delay their goods in loading or uploading so you have to wait.
- Less than container load or LCL shipping is more costly as compared to the FCL
There are more chances of damage to your goods because there is repeatedly loading or uploading of other space-sharing shipper’s goods inside the same container which leads to the chances of damage to your goods.
Fill out the form to have an expert give you custom quotes or Call us at +61-2-96080144